Hello! The lovely ladies at ClosetReaders nominated me for the blogger recognition award! Thank you so much for thinking of my tiny little blog for your nominations. (I’m also not good at designs so I’m using ClosetReaders picture, hope that’s okay!).
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
How it all started…
I talk about this a lot but once upon a time, I use to make youtube videos about books. I did that for 5 years until I got tired of it. I also feel into a huge reading slump because booktube started to make me dislike reading (long story). But I slowly started to get back into reading. I didn’t want to make videos via youtube anymore, but I still wanted to talk about books with people and knew twitter wasn’t enough. This, I started this blog. I share my love for reading. The book blog community has really helped me get back into the reading mood 😀
What is some advice….
1. I’m not sure about what advice to give. All I can say is do it for you. When you do your blog for you, then you’ll slowly start getting viewers and subbies. If you’re not doing the blog for you, you won’t come across as passionate in your posts and who wants to follow someone that doesn’t care about what they write?
2. Comment on blogs. Comment, comment, comment. Don’t make comments that say “nice post!” or “nice review!”. Try to make it well thought out. Try to get a discussion going. It’s a great way to make connections! So don’t stop those comments both on blogs and responding to those on your own blog!
I currently don’t have anyone to nominate that I know will do this. :c