Top Ten Tuesdays are hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we make lists of our top ten books (or something else!) based on that week’s prompt. The topics are provided ahead of time and can be found here. Please note that 10 is just a starting number. You can post however many books you want or less!
This weeks topic is: “Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book”
I’m honestly not sure if I have 10 things that instantly make me want to read a book but there are a few things!
- Cover: I love a book with a beautiful cover. I know it’s horrible to judge a book by it’s cover but I love to have pretty things on my shelf :3
- Beloved Author: If a book is written by an author that I love, I will automatically buy the book… whether the synopsis sounds good or not. Laurie Halse Anderson is my number one auto-buy author :3
- Hype: Not always, but sometimes if a book is really hyped, I get interested into seeing why the book is so hyped to begin with.
- Friends: If a friend really likes a book I’ll sometimes look into also reading it. This happens a lot if we have the same taste in books. 🙂
- Synopsis: I do love a book with a good selling synopsis. If the book doesn’t sound interesting via the synopsis I usually won’t pick up the book. Which probably means I’m missing out on a lot of good books, but a synopsis is so important!