Why hello there!
Today I thought it would be fun for you guys to get to know me so here are a few bookish facts about myself 🙂
- I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan. Honestly, I have a whole shelf for just my Harry Potter things. I own multiple copies of the series in different covers. I love to collect them all!
- I actually use to hate Harry Potter. Weird, I know. I don’t even remember when I started to enjoy it or why. I just remember my mom buying me the book and I thought they were boring. I also saw the first movie in theater and hating it.
- Twilight got me into reading. I was never a fan of reading because I didn’t like being told what to do (we had to read in middle school). However, a friend of mine was reading it, I thought it sounded good, I read the books.
- Booktube was actually how I got really into reading. I enjoyed Twilight but I wasn’t sure what else seemed like a good book to read. Twilight was honestly the only YA book I owned at the time. I was curious if people made book hauls on youtube like they did clothes and that’s when I discovered the book community!
- I have anxiety so I’m terrified to go to a library by myself. However, I do have a library card and I love using reading apps for ebooks! It has saved me a ton of money!
- I get crabby if someone interrupts my reading. I just find it very rude. People can see I’m very focused on something but they still try to have a conversation with me. Why? Why? WHY!?
- I’m not a fan of books over 300+ pages. Okay, that’s kind of lie; however, the book has to be really good if it’s going to capture my attention for 400 or more pages. And I mean like really, really, really good. It needs to be the best book I’ve ever read!
- Clothes shopping makes me uncomfortable but I can spend hours in a bookstore. My boyfriend has literally had to pull me out of the bookstore because I was looking at books for an hour still deciding what I wanted to buy. I get lost in my own little world.
- I own a kindle but I rarely ever use it. I know, it’s terrible. I keep buying physical books that I tend to put my kindle to the side. I think it’s because I want to relax and be away from technology for awhile. Although my kindle doesn’t have other apps on it, I still consider it technology that I would like the get away from.
- I cannot reading and tan at the same time. I don’t understand how people can do it. One, I have to read with sunglasses on because I get blinded from my book via the sun and then I get paranoid that I’m going to get suntan lines on my face from my sunglasses while lying on my back. I do; however, enjoy reading on a swing outside in the shade. It’s so peaceful listening to it rain or listening to the birds.