I listened to my first ever audiobook! It was The Diviners by Libba Bray. I usually don’t listen to audiobooks because I never think I’ll like them. Because this was my first audiobook I really listened to, I thought I’d give my opinion and talk about my experience with it!
- Losing focus while listening to the audiobook was one of my many struggles. I listened to it while lying in bed or driving my car; however, sometimes my mind would start to wonder to other thoughts so I’d have to rewind and relisten.
- Sometimes I would get bored listening because the only way for me to focus was to pretty much stare at the wall. I don’t particularly enjoy just sitting and not doing anything but if I did something such as clean, again I’d lose focus of the story being told.
- I found that I enjoyed listening to the book while I was getting ready for bed because it felt like I was being told a nighttime story! The only downside was making sure I didn’t end up falling asleep, tehehe
- I really enjoyed the fact that the narrator talked in different voices for each character. It gave the characters a different feel rather than me reading each character in the same voice in my head (if that made any sense haha).
- The book felt more alive because I was honestly terrified while I listened to some parts right before bed. I was scared to sleep! Listening to different scary parts added to the suspense for me.
- It felt like it took me for-freaking-ever to finish the story because I read faster than the narrator.
Overall, I really enjoyed the experience with an audiobook. I don’t think I’ll listen to them a whole bunch though because it takes me forever to get through them. However, I might listen to more from time to time 🙂
Do you like audiobooks? Why or why not? What’s your favorite audiobook?
2 thoughts on “So I listened to an audiobook for the first time!?”
This happened to me too! I tried listening to the handmaids tale and the great gatsby (amazing books btw) but whenever I did I ended up losing focus unless I had the book open in front of me… I might give it another shot though (not to mention the expense)
I found that listening to books I’ve already read or really short children books has helped me with audiobooks 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person