Hello all of you lovely souls!
I love seeing book covers from other countries! I thought it would be fun to do a little “who wore it better” in terms of book covers. This is just based off my OWN personal preference. Every cover is unique in its own way. I will compare USA covers to another country of my choice. I hope you enjoy!
Today I will be comparing the USA edition of Uprooted to the UK edition! I love both of these covers for different reasons. Let’s dive into it. .
- I really love how the tree in the bottom right corner merges into the swirly design.
- I love how the “U” in Uprooted looks like a fancy letter from an old time book.
- The castle kind of reminds me of an open book and I think it kind of “takes” the reader into the story.
- It looks like of old timey.
- I absolutely love the colors used on this cover!
- I love how the cover looks drawn.
- I love how the authors name and the book title are separated.
- The cover seems to focus on the village, tower, and woods surrounding it which is a dominate part of the story.
Who wore it better?
Oh man, this was hard! I really enjoy both of the covers. I personally like I like the UK version better. I really like the muted colors. There is something about it that feels kind of relaxing. I’m not sure if that makes any sense XD I also really like how the cover looks drawn!
Who do you think wore it better? Let’s discuss 😀