Hello all of you lovely souls!
I love seeing book covers from other countries! I thought it would be fun to do a little “who wore it better” in terms of book covers. This is just based off my OWN personal preference. Every cover is unique in its own way. I will compare USA covers to another country of my choice. I hope you enjoy!
Today I will be comparing the USA edition of The Hunger Games to the UK edition! I love both of these covers for different reasons. Let’s dive into it!
- I like how The Hunger Games stands out.
- It’s easy to tell what the title is and who the author is.
- The title “The Hunger Games” seems to be more important than the Mockingbird pin.
- My eyes feel like they go all over with the lines and circles everywhere
- I absolutely the color contrast.
- The Mockingbird pin seems to be the focal point, which is a big symbol in the books.
- The title of the book is a little on the small side.
- I love the location of Suzanne’s name at the bottom as to oppose to the USA version.
Who wore it better?
I personally prefer the UK version way more. I almost feel like the USA cover is a little on the busy side. I like that the Mockingbird pin on the UK version is the focal point but I don’t like how small the title is. I feel like it kind of gets lost.
What about you? Who do you think wore it better? Let me know in the comments! 🙂