Hello all of you lovely souls!
I love seeing book covers from other countries! I thought it would be fun to do a little “who wore it better” in terms of book covers. This is just based off my OWN personal preference. Every cover is unique in its own way. I will compare USA covers to another country of my choice. I hope you enjoy!
Today I will be comparing the USA edition of Harry Potter to the Hungarian edition! If this isn’t an accurate cover for Hungary, let me know. I got it from goodreads! 🙂
- I like the lightening bolt in Harry’s name and I like how the rest of the title curves to the wall of the columns.
- The evening sky in the background is so pretty!
- There are a lot of things going on with the cover such as the unicorn, fluffy, and Harry playing quidditch.
- The banner with J.K Rowlings name seems.. out of place.
- Much like the USA cover, I love the lightening bolt in Harry’s name.
- I love how this cover feels like I’m looking through a picture or a mirror.
- I love the contrasting colors between the red and gold framing.
- I also like that this cover features Ron and Hermione instead of just Harry because they have a huge role in the books too!
Who wore it better?
This is a hard choice. The USA cover is the one I grew up with and it has a lot of nostalgia for me. Both covers seem to target different audiences. When I look at the USA version, I don’t just see a middle grade book; however, I get middle grade vibes when looking at the one from Hungary. With that being said, I think the USA cover is my favorite in this round. Mostly because of the nostalgic feeling I get when I see it. I love the Hungarian cover too, though! AH THIS ONE WAS SO HARD!
What do you think? Who wore it better? Why? Or do you prefer a cover completely different? Let me know down below 😀