Are you like me where you like to shout at the characters or to yourself while reading? I decided to do a relaxing post today. Enjoy my crazy thoughts and feels! Those darn characters, I tell ya. I also like to talk to myself because I never saw a twist coming. XD But I also tend to cry a lot, lol.
“JUST COMMUNICATE *eye rolls*”
“Ugh, he is so cute, my heart is mellllting”
“OMG, HOW DID I NOT FIGURE THIS OUT!?”
“Okay, but like the other guy is way better for you”
“WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BREAK MY BABY BOYS HEART!?”
“It’s okay, I’m okay, everything is okay”
“KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS”
“I KNEW IT! God I’m so smart”
Want to know the books I was thinking of while writing this post? The darn culprits are…
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
What thoughts and feels do you have while reading? Let me know down below 😀
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018.The topics are provided ahead of time and can be found here.
This weeks topic is: “Titles That Would Make Good Band Names”
Love & Gelato
The Raven Boys
Every Heart A Doorway
None of the Above
The Deepest Roots
Goodreads\\ Amazon\\ Book Depository
“The nature of hate is mysterious. It can gnaw at the heart for an eon, then depart when one expected it to remain as immobile as a mountain. But even mountains erode.”
I don’t… I don’t know what to feel right now. My heart is bleeding from my chest. I feel so pained but I also feel so much love. I have not felt this way toward a book in a very long time. I don’t know how to properly express my love for this story. This book was so full of life. I felt like I was in the story. It’s magical and fast-paced.
This book has a cinderella feel to it with a whole lot of Mexican mythology. I loved the characters so much. Hun-Kamé is such a complex character but so lovable and silly. Casiopea is probably one of my favorite leading ladies this year. She’s been through so much but she’s so strong, stubborn, and full of love and life. I could not help but root for her since page one. I’ve never been one for historical novels but I could not put this book down.
I love it so much. I can’t form a proper review right now because I loved it that much. I highly recommend it. It’s so good. I’m now in a book hangover. WOO
Why hello there!
Today I thought it would be fun for you guys to get to know me so here are a few bookish facts about myself 🙂
- I am a MASSIVE Harry Potter fan. Honestly, I have a whole shelf for just my Harry Potter things. I own multiple copies of the series in different covers. I love to collect them all!
- I actually use to hate Harry Potter. Weird, I know. I don’t even remember when I started to enjoy it or why. I just remember my mom buying me the book and I thought they were boring. I also saw the first movie in theater and hating it.
- Twilight got me into reading. I was never a fan of reading because I didn’t like being told what to do (we had to read in middle school). However, a friend of mine was reading it, I thought it sounded good, I read the books.
- Booktube was actually how I got really into reading. I enjoyed Twilight but I wasn’t sure what else seemed like a good book to read. Twilight was honestly the only YA book I owned at the time. I was curious if people made book hauls on youtube like they did clothes and that’s when I discovered the book community!
- I have anxiety so I’m terrified to go to a library by myself. However, I do have a library card and I love using reading apps for ebooks! It has saved me a ton of money!
- I get crabby if someone interrupts my reading. I just find it very rude. People can see I’m very focused on something but they still try to have a conversation with me. Why? Why? WHY!?
- I’m not a fan of books over 300+ pages. Okay, that’s kind of lie; however, the book has to be really good if it’s going to capture my attention for 400 or more pages. And I mean like really, really, really good. It needs to be the best book I’ve ever read!
- Clothes shopping makes me uncomfortable but I can spend hours in a bookstore. My boyfriend has literally had to pull me out of the bookstore because I was looking at books for an hour still deciding what I wanted to buy. I get lost in my own little world.
- I own a kindle but I rarely ever use it. I know, it’s terrible. I keep buying physical books that I tend to put my kindle to the side. I think it’s because I want to relax and be away from technology for awhile. Although my kindle doesn’t have other apps on it, I still consider it technology that I would like the get away from.
- I cannot reading and tan at the same time. I don’t understand how people can do it. One, I have to read with sunglasses on because I get blinded from my book via the sun and then I get paranoid that I’m going to get suntan lines on my face from my sunglasses while lying on my back. I do; however, enjoy reading on a swing outside in the shade. It’s so peaceful listening to it rain or listening to the birds.
People start blogs for all kinds of reasons: they have stuff they want off their chest, they have things they’re passionate about, they have things to show the world. My blog is a release for me and all my bookish frustrations.
As some of you may know, I use to run a youtube channel called Nerdybooklover where I use to talk about books. I was part of the “booktube” community, a community where bookish people talk about bookish things. I did that for roughly 5 years; however, I started to get bullied and the drama got outrageous that I fell out of love with making videos. I fell out of love with reading, to be honest.
I thought I’d get back into reading but I realized, without the help of booktube, I wasn’t sure what books were now the “in thing”. I didn’t know what books were popular. I also realized I missed talking books with other fellow book lovers. I knew I didn’t want to go back to youtube so I decided to join the blogging world. I use to have a book blog before, a few actually, and they always went unused because I used booktube the majority of the time.
Starting my blog has became a huge aspect of my life. It’s helped me in so many ways. I’ve read some books that I doubt I would have every picked up on my own if it weren’t for publishers or netgalley or edelweiss. I’ve also met a ton of wonderful people! It’s just been a great outlet where I can unlease all my bookish rants and energies because my boyfriend never knows what the heck I’m talking about!!
Why did you start your blog?